Thursday, May 28, 2015

Third Times a Charm...

So it has been quite a while since we had any bridezilla, drama, or breakdowns. 100 days to go (as of 5/28)!
 
Have any of you ordered wedding invitations through a website? Did it take you three weeks of sifting through the hundreds of sites to then go and stare at the computer screen for another 3 or so hours?  This was all so that I could sort through thousands of options, styles, paper, colors, textures.  We(well I) did… I was ahead of schedule and was excited to be ordering them weeks before the due date. That excitement was short lived. The very next day I changed my mind. I put the order on hold, ordered two different samples, waited 10 business days for the choices and made a decision. Still ahead of schedule, we reordered our invitations. The site was fantastic, timely and reasonably priced. They came in about a week and a half later. I brought them home to show my Wedding team AKA my family.
 
Proud of how organized I was and excited  to cross something else off the “To Do” list, Donna read the invitation.  Again, that excitement came to a screaming halt. THEY WERE WRONG. Matt and I both overlooked the major grammar mistake. UGH, I should have sent the proof to my trusty wedding bitch, blog editor, and of course friend Justine. For those who don't know, I can not spell to save my life, nor am I ever grammatically correct.

Now, I had to take care of these invitations. I called the customer service number, tried to use my selling skills to convince them it was their fault, and reorder the invitations for a THIRD time. Unfortunately, this company crossed their T’s and dotted their I’s. They had proof that Matt and I agreed that everything was correct and they could send the invites to the printer.
Although they gave us a discount, we did need to pay to re-print our invitations. I guess third time's a charm.



-Ash

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment