Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Let the Count Down Begin….



It's here….. The year count down. In 365 days (friday) the Lambert/Stambler festivities will happen! Its only taken us 4 different apartments, a move to NY, a dog, new jobs, vacations, tragedy, successes and laughter to get to where we are today. Wish us luck… this next year will be the biggest one of our lives thus far. 
Although many couples have(and will) plan weddings within a year, I wanted to take it slow, enjoy it, and do one thing at a time. Welp, it certainly doesn't feel that way anymore. 

For all of you brides and now MRS. out there, have you ever felt like you're at a stand still? Knowing you have a mile long list of things to do, but do not know when to start, or what order they should be in? How early is too early? And how late is too late? Well, this is my reality. 

I woke up recently in a frantic sweat. I had a dream that my wedding was a week away and I have nothing picked out. No dress, no flowers, didn't know what matt was going to wear, nor did I have my hair done(yeah dreamt that). This is obviously not reality but it scared me half to death. Thankfully, my bridesmaids reassured me that I was in a good place and that I had more done than the norm (or so they made me believe).

I wanted to take time to plan the weekend of events. My family and I wanted to show all of our guests the amazing area we grew up in, the water, and of course historic Salem! I may seem superficial, and materialistic, but when it comes down to my friends, family and entertaining, I would give the shirt off my back to make them happy. Just like our "engagement" party, it's not just about us. Its about our support system. I want our guests to feel like we made them apart go this wedding and that they know how much we appreciate them. Part of that will be pouring booze down their throats and making them eat massive amounts of food. But hey, we show our love in the kitchen. 

But REALLY, what now? What do i do next? What was the hardest part of planning your wedding and what would you have done differently?



- Ash 



1 comment:

  1. The hardest thing for me (which seems ironic now after the fact) was making sure I loved the way my bridal party pictures looked! I wanted to make sure what I picked for my dress coordinated with what I had in mind for my bridesmaids and Marc's groomsmen!! I stressed so much about how it would end up looking that I (honestly) forgot to consider that the friend of the family photographer we hired may not ... have had ... any talent in photography at all ... I wanted to make sure my photos would look nice hanging on my wall -- and I haven't even brought myself to make an album yet .. That's how much I don't like how my photos came out!! That would be the one thing I would change if I could :)

    Keep the blogs coming!! Love them!!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete