Thursday, February 26, 2015

Finally...

Big week here for the Lambler wedding planners!

Let me give you a breakdown of the weekend.  We started off on Saturday, where Donna Sarah and I trekked into Boston (which at this point has about 8 feet of snow). Donna thought it would be easier to take the train, well it wasn't. We were about 40 minutes late for our appointment, and this was one appointment we should NOT have been late to.
Luckily, they were still able to take us. I'll spare y’all the story and drama to share that I FINALLY FOUND A DRESS!  


Now imagine a full marching band-- lights, sparklers,fireworks, the whole deal. Something Just shy of Katy Perry's half time performance. That image was happening in Donna's head! She was relieved that we finally made a decision. Her tears lasted no longer than 3 seconds before she went right back to calibration mode. Sarah said “Ugh finally we don't have to shop any more.”.  This sigh of relief will be short lived, I'm changing a few (60%) of the dress once is comes in. Yeah I know, I’m crazy.

It took 7 different bridal salons, close to 70 different dresses to finally find the one (after the changes).  We had made a tradition of getting drinks after each shopping trip. This was probably because they were so annoyed, aggravated and exhausted. This time, when we should actually be celebrating, we couldn't. We had another meeting back at home. A 1/2 hour late for meeting number two, Matt and I finally met Maura, our wedding coordinator. No, she's not a wedding planner we hired, she's the event manager for the venue. She's taking care of all the details from arrival time to set up, cocktail hour and break down. Without her I would be lost.


Because we were running late, Tiger and Matt were there waiting for us. Maura wanted to start the meeting, so she asked the boys a question, they didn't know. Another… they had no idea. So when she asked a third question and they both looked at her blank faced she changed the subject to the weather. We got a little reality slap. She asked questions I hadn't even begun to think about! After the meeting Donna, Tiger, Matt and I went to dinner. I ordered a much needed bourbon neat.


The next day, hungover and unshowered, Sarah Jean dragged me to another bridesmaids boutique. She wanted to make sure she loved the one she picked out a month ago. So there I was, confusing myself with color swatches and brands yet again. The idea behind the bridesmaids dresses should have stayed and idea. I have made it more complicated than ever. I sprawled out on the boutique floor mixing and matching color cards, prices, fabric and brands. My "fashion forward" vision is nothing but crazy. Sarah and I spent an hour and a half looking over colors that I had seen for months. We finally came to a conclusion and now, it's done!

I found a dress, realized I am not ready for this wedding, had a breakdown, finalized the bridesmaids colors, went to our friends 30th birthday party, saw another best friends new baby girl, had a belated birthday dinner for my grandfather, Matt and Donna, all in time to make it back to NY for work monday.

-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment